I hope you enjoy reading this blog post.
Would you like to get expert advice? Click Here
It is crucial to choose the perfect e-commerce platform to build, manage and maintain an online store. You need to be more careful when selecting the platform if you have a small business with a limited budget and resources.
Shopify and Magento are popular e-commerce platforms. When it comes to choosing one of the options, you need to know the differences between them.
Shopify is a hosted platform while Magento needs hosting, installation, set up, and configuration before online store development. Shopify is a great option for beginners with an easy interface while Magento is full of features but more suited for advanced developers.
If you have less budget, it’s smart to ignore Magento as it has a paid version. You should go for the Magento open-source version if you have good development skills or are a proficient developer in your team. You can go to Shopify if you want to save money.
Now let’s discuss the Shopify vs Magento comparison depending on their pros and cons so you can smart decisions.
Shopify vs Magento – Pros and Cons
- A wide range of attractive and responsive store themes
- All-inclusive eCommerce website builder
- The rich app store that helps to extend the functionality of your e-commerce website
- Through customer support
- Many payments and checkout options
- A big community of dedicated followers
- Most of the themes come with an attached price
- Integration of apps to your online store makes things complicated
- Fee for all transactions until you use Shopify payments
- Strong community with thorough support for users
- A flexible platform with a variety of customization options
- A wide range of themes to choose from for online store
- Phone support availability
- No genuine coding knowledge required for Magento commerce
- Open-source platform
- Free Magento 2 extensions
- Has an element of a learning curve
- Quite tough to use by beginners
- Demands a lot of time for set up
- High costs related to online store setup
Shopify vs Magento – Which is the Best Option for Your Online Store?
Though Magento claims to be free, you need to purchase hosting and deal with all the system/software setup and installation processes by yourself. Technological experts can carry out this task easily.
Depending on the points discussed above, it can be concluded that Shopify is a winning e-commerce platform to build your online store with the ultimate user-friendly features and robust capabilities.
So, now you know the differences between Shopify and Magento. You also know how both of the platforms can benefit your online store. Now you can make your decision easier. All you need to do is consider your precise needs and budget to make the right choice. All the best!